What is an Online UPS?
An online UPS is the one in which the batteries are always connected to the inverter. Therefore, it isn’t necessary to always have a power transfer switch. So, whenever a power loss occurs at that time the rectifier just drops out of the circuit so that the batteries can keep the flow of power just unchanged and steady.
Therefore, when the power is restored then, the rectifier resumes carrying most of the load and also begins charging the batteries. However, the charging current may be limited for preventing the high-power rectifier from overheating the batteries as well as from boiling off the electrolyte.
Online UPS Manufacturer in India
Nexus UPS Systems is one of the popular online UPS manufacturers in India which provides UPS Online to solve energy disruption problems. Our UPS solutions are designed and developed with double conversion technology. These indigenously manufactured machines are preferred all over India and are known for high performance and high quality standards.
Advantages of Online UPS:
The most beneficial advantage of an online UPS, is its ability to provide an electrical firewall” between the incoming utility power and sensitive electronic equipment in comparison with the other types of UPS.
1. Online UPS basically provides isolation between main supply and load.
2. Inverter is always ON therefore, the quality of load voltage is free from distortion.
3. All the disturbances of supply i.e. blackout, brownouts, spikes etc. won't be there in the output.
4. Voltage regulation will be better.
5. Since inverter is always on therefore, transfer time is practically zero.
What are the applications of Online UPS?
Online UPS are mainly used in that field/sector, which requires an uninterruptible power supply. The uninterrupted power system mainly performs two functions. i.e., filter disruption of the supply network &, in case of mains failure, provides power to the loads.UPS are used to correct many power problems like;
• Voltage sag
• Power failure
• Voltage spike
• Under Voltage
• Over Voltage
• Frequency variation
• Harmonic distortion
• Switching transient
Depending upon the applications they are used in different kinds of industries as given below;
1. Data Centers
3. Banks & Insurance companies
4. Healthcare :Clinics & medical institutions
5. Educational Institutions
6. Electrical Equipment
7. Other Industries
1. Data Centers : Data centers is a facility that every organization is using to store, manage & disseminates its data using computing, IT operations & networking equipment. Data Centres are the dedicated space, which is very important for every industry for smooth running daily operational activities as it is a more extensive network of computer systems & hence deals with a considerable amount of data. So, any kind of interruption in power supply would be highly destructive for their work functions. Therefore in order to maintain its proper functionality, Online UPS plays a vital role.
2. Telecommunication Equipment: Online UPS plays a vital role in telecommunication equipment like television, radio, computer system, etc. With online UPS, varied power-related problems can cause damage to these equipments, hence their performance & durability will undoubtedly affect. So in order to avoid operational data damage, these equipments should connect to online UPS as it allows the continuous power supply to them.
3. Banks& Finance Companies: Banks & insurance Companies play an essential role in economic growth & stability. These companies are not limited to only bank branches/ATM’s but due to the intensive use of the internet these days, online banking & mobile banking are also gaining popularity & well accepted by the customers. Power breakdowns or voltage fluctuations can cause damage to the sensitive components of modern data systems in banking & finance companies. So in order to provide customers with continuous access to service & information at high speed & frequency, online UPS are significant.
4. Healthcare: Clinics & medical institutions: In hospitals, clinics & medical institutions, technology is used in various medical devices such as CT scan machines, Radiology equipment, MRI Scan machine, ventilators, Dialysis machine & many more. Theseequipments need continuous & uninterrupted power supply as they all are concerned about the health of the patients.Data centers in the healthcare sector require a reliable contingency power supply system to keep them. A UPS is the critical source of power supply in hospitals or health clinics to safeguard against many power supply issues.
5. Educational Institutions: Schools, colleges & universities are always looking for ways to make student’s life easier. Efficient in terms of technology. Advanced technology is used in these educational institutions for different applications like smart classrooms, Computer labs, security systems, data centers, Biometric systems, etc. Therefore in order to avoid power disruptions & to ensure reliable power backups, Online UPS should be used.
6. Electrical Equipments: UPS is a powerful device to deal with frequent power fluctuations. In most of the electrical types of equipment, it provides a stable power during disturbances & power failure. UPS will save data & also protect the equipment from damage. Power disruptions can cause severe damage in sensitive equipment like programmable microcontrollers, transformers, distribution boards, etc. So UPS systems are a critical device for ensuring proper power supply performance.
7. Other Industries: UPS system becomes an essential part of almost every kind of industry like engineering, manufacturing, IT, BPO, pharmaceuticals, textiles, and chemical industries, process industries as they reduce the risk caused by line transient & harmonic disruptions. Online UPS possess higher levels of reliability & efficiency. All these industries run effectively on online UPS, as disruption in any machine can cause a massive loss of data.
Conclusion: UPS is the abbreviation for Uninterruptible Power Supply, which can be used in different kinds of industries to provide power backup in situations of power system failures or any disturbance & problems. They are the backbone of every operating system as they serve as a mediator between the primary source of power & the device to which power is to be supplied. They can also be used in the sector, where a higher level of power is required.
Excellence From The Assembly Line
nexus ups systems are built to the most exacting quality standards. using High quality components Such as: IGBTs from Eupuc, Germany; MOSFETS from International Rectifiers; Thyristor modules from Infineon & Semikron; Capacitors from Alcon, Epcos & Keltron; Transformers from Bhurji/Trusine and SMF Batteries from Exide/Quanta.
Proven as the best fit for Indian operating conditions, Nexus UPS systems come with a host of unique features that have not only won accolades, but most importantly earned the customers’ trust.
A hi-tech controlled Constant Voltage Constant Current battery charger for enhanced battery life.
Electronic Overload Protection designed to enhance the life of your UPS system.
Short Circuit Shield
Short Circuit Protection, designed to protect your investment in this equipment.
Deep Discharge Protection
Battery Deep Discharge Protection prevents accidental discharge thus keeping your batteries safe.
A highly reliable IGBT based inverter circuit that provides greater efficiency on battery mode.
Critical load isolated from spikes, surges, blackouts, brownouts and line noise.
72 HRS. Soak Test
Each Nexus UPS system passes through a 72 hour soak test, ensuring minimal failure in the field.
Nexus Customer Care has a legendary reputation both in reaction time and customer satisfaction.